Fighting for fitness & victory
Martial Arts are an excellent route to fitness, with the added benefit and enjoyment of learning an exciting new skill. I offer one to one sessions in Boxing, Thai Boxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) for beginners, improvers and competitors.
About Thai Boxing
The ultimate stand up based martial art for its effectiveness and versatility, "the art of the 8 limbs" the fists, elbows, knees and legs are used, clinches and take downs are also permitted. It's effective against all styles of martial arts as you fight in short distance, with elbows and knees, mid distance with fists and long distance with legs.
Benefits of Thai Boxing
- Mental strength and improved self esteem
- Flexibility and coordination
- Explosiveness, strength and stamina are improved, maintaining an intense effort and high level of concentration for long durations
- Physique: Martial art conditioning workouts are known for being hard, they are essentially HIIT sessions (high intensity Interval Training). The nature of the activity, which is 100% anaerobic, promotes leanness. Lifting your legs and twisting your upper body to repetitively hit a target helps to develop a very strong core.
- 10th Kahn (or black Belt)
- May 2007 Balearics Amateur Champion, -85kg
- November 2007 Spanish Semi-pro Champion -81kg (under Bernardo Ochoa, in Chong Ma Gym, Palma de Mallorca)
Traditional English Boxing ranks highly in terms of effectiveness. The boxing heavyweight champion has always been considered as one, if not the strongest fighter in the world.
Benefits of Boxing
- Coordination and rhythm, Boxers are renown for their speed, footwork and coordination.
- Explosiveness, strength and stamina are improved.
- Conditioning consists of advanced bodywork routines, intense cardio, resistance training and bag work.
- Trained at the Motor City Gym, owned and managed by David Quiñonero, boxing world WBC silver, TWBA and WBO Latino Cruiser weight Champion.
The best all around martial art as proven nowadays in UFC. It combines stand up, including deadly take downs, judo throws, and groundwork with an arsenal of chokes and joint locks.
Benefits of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Mental strength and improved self esteem.
- Mental Stimulation, BJJ requires a lot of technical knowledge and strategies similar to a game of chess.
- Strength and stamina are pushed to the limits when you are moving your opponents bodyweight under pressure for a set period of time. Especially when they are heavier than you are!
- Coordination and flexibility are greatly enhanced.
- Brown belt
- Double European Champion as white and Blue Belt Level (Gi)
- 3 times English Open Champion as white and blue (Gi)
- 1 Abu Dhabi trial Champion as White belt (Gi)
- 1 English open silver and 1 bronze as purple belt (Gi)
- 1 English open champion as purple belt ( No Gi)
- 1 British champion as Blue and 1 Bronze as purple belt (Gi)
- 1 London Open Champion as Blue and purple belt (Gi)
- And other victories in Chelmsford, The Midlands and more
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Training sessions will usually take place at 24/7 Fitness, Riverside, Norwich. You don't need to be a member of the gym to train with me.
Get in touch if you'd like to find out more or to book your first session.