Train For Life Classes
at 24/7 Fitness Norwich
Train For Life Tabata session
A mix of exercises performed in a set time at intense speed, moderate weights are used to insure that the technique of the exercises is correct.
- An excellent way to start training, you will learn all the basic body weight and free weight exercises.
- A coordination boost, the format of the session requires high repetitions of the same movements, which improves coordination and execution, as well a serious gain in stamina and technique.
- Perfect for competitors. If you are competing in any discipline, this session is ideal to finish a training cycle before competition, where everything is explosive and low weight.
High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
The king of the sessions, this class is inspired by Crossfit's Workout Of the Day (WOD). Usually divided into 3 different workouts, each 10 minutes long. The first workout's focus will be solely on Olympic Lifting (OLY) exercises, such as Jerk press, thrusters and squats, and bodyweight (BW) exercises. For the second workout, a cardio component such as rowing machine, treadmill, stationary cycling or skipping, will be added to the OLY and BW exercises. Finally finishing with a bodyweight only routine. Beginners are welcome, you will learn all the techniques during the class.
- The main benefits of that session are derived from the extreme intensity, as we lift heavy as fast as we can.
- The strength, stamina and mental gain are undeniable as this session is a friendly but competitive environment. We pay attention to how much is lifted by each participant and how many reps are performed.
- Bang for your money, you raise your metabolic rate, work on body composition through resistance training and burn a lot of calories in JUST 30 minutes of HIIT.
A blend of Kettlebell techniques and bodyweight exercises such as burpees, jump squats, push ups.
Kettlebell exercises can be quite technical but the bodyweight element helps to keep the intensity high whilst participants are mastering the techniques.
Why Kettlebells? Fat gets the ol’ one-two-three punch. First, there is the extremely high metabolic cost of throwing the weight around. Second, it’s a strength training workout creating dense muscle mass, which burns calories from fat stores all day long while increasing your resting metabolism. Finally, combine that with the fat burning effects of human growth hormone that is stimulated by these kinds of whole-body, complex movements. There is no better way to burn fat.
- Functional strength without the monotony of isolated reps.
- Flexibility without holding poses.
- Fun and varied, never boring.
- Combines “cardio” and “strength” training.
Monday 12.30-1.30pm, Tuesday 6-6.45pm, Wednesday 12.30-1pm
Friday 6.45-7.45am & 6-6.45pm, Saturday 9-10am, Sunday 9.30-10.30am
Spin classes, also known as Indoor Cycling, are by far the most popular, gym members of every age, gender and level of fitness attend the sessions. A spinning workout of 45 minutes may allow you to burn around 500 calories, which is a huge amount when compared to other types of workout (however, the amount of calories you burn will depend on the intensity you work at). The resistance of the bike can be adjusted to suit your fitness levels.
- Burn calories.
- Increased Cardio Endurance.
- A spinning workout is a low impact exercise. This means that it won't put pressure on knees and joints, as other aerobic or running exercises do. The workout is also recommended for people that suffer from arthritis.
- The rhythm of the music and a great atmosphere help keep up the tempo!
If you'd like to enquire about membership or day passes at 24/7 Fitness, or to check if a class is running as scheduled please contact 24/7 Fitness, Riverside, Norwich directly.
Or if you'd like to know more about the classes please get in touch.